You can now (...)
You will find in this section some details on your venue to Paris : access to the Ecole Normale Superieure de Paris, hotels recommendations, administrative topics and more generally practical informations on your stay in France.
The ICECCS conference will take place from the 18th to the 20th July 2012 at the Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France.
Adress of the Ecole Normale Superieure
45, rue d’Ulm
Here below are some recommendations to access to the conference site
By public transportation (from Paris)
- RER B to Port-Royal or Luxembourg
- Subway: line 7 to Censier - Daubenton or line 10 to Cardinal Lemoine
- Bikes: lots of points everywhere in Paris, especially around schools.
- Bus: Line 21 or 27 to Feuillantines
By public transportation (from Paris Aiports)
- Charles de Gaulle/Roissy airport:
- RER B to Robinson/Saint Remy lès-Chevreuse - Port Royal or Luxembourg
- Orly airport
- RER B Aéroport Charles de Gaulle/Mitry-Claye - Port Royal or Luxembourg
A public parking can be found here.
To help you to organize your stay in Paris, some hotels are listed here below. If you can not afford them, you will find some cheaper ones here
- Hotel Westminster - Official Partner of CESAMES offering preferential rates to the participants of the ICECCS 2012
Address:13 rue de la Paix, 75002 Paris, France
Phone number: +33 (0) 1 42 61 57 46
Fax: +33 (0) 1 42 60 30 66
You can book your room with the CESAMES special rate by clicking here.
- Serotel Lutèce
Address:2 Rue Berthollet, 75005 Paris
Phone number: +33 (0) 1 43 36 26 30
Fax: +33 (0) 1 43 31 08 21
- Comfort Hotel André Latin
Address: 50-52 Rue Gay-Lussac, 75005 Paris
Phone number:+33 (0) 1 43 54 76 60
Fax: +33 (0) 1 40 51 77 10
- Relais Saint Jacques
Address: 3 Rue Abbé De L’ Epée 75015
Phone number: +33 (0) 1 53 73 26 00
Fax: +33 (0) 1 43 26 17 81
- Seven Hotel
Address: 20 rue Berthollet - 75005 Paris
Phone number: +33 (0) 1 43 31 47 52
You can find other hotels by clicking on the links below:
- Cheapers hotels near the Ecole Normale Supérieure
- Other source for hotels in the area (select Porte d’Orléans for the metro option in the left-side menu)
- Accor hotels in Paris
- Paris information
- A hotel in Paris
2. Visa requirements
A visa to France is waived in many cases, including for citizens of the countries of the Schengen Agreement, United States, Canada, Israel, and Japan. However, it is mandatory in other cases, for example, for citizens of mainland China and India. Please visit this web site for all the necessary information. If a visa is needed, we strongly recommend that people get in touch with their local French consulate as soon as possible to see what the local procedure is. Please allow sufficient time to process a visa application if required.
According to the France Diplomatie web site, scientists are not charged a visa application fee, so prepare the necessary documentation to support this — a Ph.D. diploma and short CV should suffice. In any case, please contact your local consulate to find out what specific requirements they have.
Most hotels provide (continental) breakfast at an additional charge (usually 8-12 Euros).
Paris is quite hot in July and it usually doesn’t rain much. The average temperature for the month is around 77 degrees Fahrenheit (25 degrees Celsius).
5. Wireless Internet connection
A wireless internet connection will be provided during the conference.